The transfer rumour mill continues to turn for Brighton & Hove Albion, with the latest reports linking the club to Huddersfield Town's Cameron Ashia. Our analysis of the past seven days shows the club has been tied to 6 possible arrivals and 6 potential exits, and the hottest storyline right now revolves around the future of Carlos Baleba. Below is the latest news on the most important transfer rumours.
Cameron Ashia
According to a Friday report from Pete O'Rourke, Brighton has enquired about Huddersfield Town winger Cameron Ashia. The 21-year-old is in the final year of his contract at Huddersfield. The report adds that Brighton has contacted the club to ask about the conditions for a transfer. Anderlecht has also recently been linked with the player.
Carlos Baleba
According to a post by Fabrizio Romano on The Athletic on Friday, Carlos Baleba is to join Manchester United from Brighton & Hove Albion on a 5+1 year contract. The report states that personal terms have been verbally agreed and Baleba is set to have his Manchester United medical on Saturday. A deal was reportedly agreed with Brighton for £65m plus £5m and a sell-on clause. Earlier on Friday, Fabrizio Romano also reported that an agreement had been reached for a fee estimated at 82 million euros, which included a resale clause for his former club LOSC. SkySportDE also reported on Friday that a full agreement had been reached for a transfer fee worth at least around £70m.
Yankuba Minteh
On Friday, it was reported that Liverpool and Yankuba Minteh have a broad verbal agreement on contract terms, with talks continuing between the clubs. According to @foday_manneh_, Brighton rejected a £60m bid on Friday. A separate report from the same day stated that an initial offer from Liverpool was refused, as was a second proposal amounting to 70 million euros. Earlier on Friday, Lewis Steele and Simon Jones of the Daily Mail reported that Liverpool were expected to make an improved offer for the winger after having a £50m bid rejected.
Femi Azeez
Millwall boss Alex Neil confirmed on Tuesday that there is interest in Femi Azeez but insisted nothing is imminent. According to BBC Sport, Brighton & Hove Albion have an interest in Azeez and are considering winger targets as Rangers pursue Amario Cozier-Duberry. The report adds that the 25-year-old is viewed as a target who is available for a suitable fee.
Amario Cozier-Duberry
On Thursday, it was reported that Rangers had a £7 million offer for Amario Cozier-Duberry turned down by Brighton and are now considering other targets. Brighton are said to be open to a sale if their valuation is met. TeamTalk reports that Brighton's valuation for the player is £10 million.
Evan Ferguson
Reports on Thursday offered conflicting information regarding a move to Genoa for Evan Ferguson. According to Tuttomercato, the striker has joined Genoa on loan, with the Seagulls paying 30% of his salary. However, a separate report from Il Secolo XIX on the same day stated that Genoa are still considering Ferguson and a loan agreement has not yet been defined, citing concerns about the time he will need to return to the field after ankle surgery.
Said El Mala
According to a report on Friday, Brighton & Hove Albion was interested in Said El Mala, but 1. FC Köln received and rejected new offers for the player almost weekly. The report adds that Said El Mala has now extended his contract with 1. FC Köln until 2031, without a release clause.
For the very latest on these and other stories, keep an eye on the Brighton & Hove Albion transfer news page.
